Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Favorite Salad

Ok so I made this salad on Saturday for lunch for Brad, his Mom & I, then ate it again for dinner Saturday, again on Sunday, and finished it Monday for lunch. On Monday as I finished the last bite, I was sad. THAT's how good it is! Well, Brad doesn't think it's as good as I do. He could take it or leave it which is fine, more for me. He calls it girl food. So WHY am I blogging about this salad?? So you can have the recipe, of course! Mmmm, so good. Recipe courtesy of ParkwayHills women's ministry cookbook, with my revisions.

Chinese Chicken Salad
2 small pkgs prepared cole slaw mix
4 pkgs Ramen noodles (no spice mix)
1 5 oz. pkg slivered almonds (or not)
sm. diced onion (I use purple)
1/4 c. margarine
3 lg. chicken breasts

Marinate chicken in teriyaki & grill, OR saute chopped chicken in teriyaki sauce. Crush noodles, then saute noodles, onions & almonds in butter until medium brown. Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl until ready to serve.

Dressing:
1 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. teriyaki or soy sauce
1/4 c. vinegar

Mix all ingredients in a container with a lid. Pour over salad 30 minutes before serving. Toss and eat!