Sunday, March 01, 2009

What my kids say about me....

Found this fun survey for my kids and thought I'd find out some interesting things about myself.  I asked them to say the first thing that comes to mind.  Luke said "train".  I said "After I ask the question please."  Brad also chimes in occasionally and I respond to some responses in parentheses.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Luke- Be on your best behavior & I love you,   Grace- Get back to your school work! (my darling distractible daughter said)

2. What makes mom happy?
Luke-coffee, Grace-sudoku, Daddy-sleep  (yep, doesn't take much for me!)

3. What makes mom sad?
Grace-when things aren't put away in the right place (not always, but she remembers my morning rant) Luke-when I don't do my school work 

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Luke- funny things you say, Grace-when you get silly words all mixed up, (like at dinner tonight when I meant to say "I do!" and it came out "I doe" and they laughed hysterically)  Brad-when you pout

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Grace- I don't know, I wasn't even born!  Luke- caring and honest, Brad- "goody-goody" (he's just jealous.) 

6. What is mom's favorite thing to do?
Luke-sleep, Grace-play games

7. What does mom do when you're not around?  Luke-play with Moriah, Grace-Homemade Gourmet, Brad-preparing for next school day

8. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?  Luke-famous cook that works in a 5-star Paris restaurant (mais oui!), Grace- famous hotel owner (I have no idea where they got these things.)

9. What is your mom really good at?
Grace-Wheel of Fortune, Luke- Cooking 
 
10. What is your mom not very good at?
Luke-being organized (ouch. which calls me out on the above mentioned rant.)  Grace- that's a hard one, you're good at everything! (aw....sweet little brown-nosed baby)

11. What does your mom do for her job?
Luke-cook, Grace-No, she gives people food that THEY can cook! (Fact: Girls are more detailed than boys.)

12. What is your mom's favorite food?
Luke-tortellini but I don't even know what that is, Brad-SUSHI (dingdingding! You are correct sir!)

13. What makes you proud of your mom?
 Luke-that she doesn't embarress me (saying alot, how long will this last?)  Grace- that she is a very good cook! (common answer because they just ate and they want dessert)

14. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? 
Grace- Sally in Charlie Brown, Luke- Tweetie but I don't know why (he's random like his daddy)

15. What do you and your mom do together?
Luke-hang out, Grace-eat together 

16. How are you and your mom the same?
Luke-we're both smart, Grace-we look the same (Luke- "no you don't!  you don't look anything like each other!")  

17. How are you and your mom different?
Luke-you have glasses and I don't, (recently got reading glasses) Grace- we have different socks!  

18. How do you know your mom loves you?  Grace-because she give us snacks!  Luke- because she teaches us lots of things

19. Where is mom's favorite place to go?
Luke- Hair salon, Grace- Starbucks!  (Both correct and could also serve as answers to #2,6&7)