Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Adoption FAQs

FAQs
When will you travel?
It's still looking like we'll travel the first week of June.
Are you excited? 
It's not the first emotion I'm feeling. It's really hard having your baby all the way across the world. I'm not as much excited as really anxious and ready...and yes, I'll be patient and yes, I know it'll "go fast"...I'm just saying it's hard. When I was on the other side looking in on the adoption process, I never would have guessed there would be so many overwhelming emotions involved.
The best answer is: "I just want to be in China right now."
We've been blessed with so much, so when I'm asked if we need anything I literally cannot think of anything. Then late at night, when I can't sleep....I think of things toddlers might need that our house no longer has... 
Thanks for listening, friends. I'm so very blessed that you're sharing this journey with us. I hope to do a happier post soon, when the sun is shining and I've had some sleep.