Sunday, July 16, 2006

Beach Bliss #3

Thursday, July 13
It's 6 am. I'm sitting at the edge of the ocean watching the sun rise. God's speaking to me, as if I'm the only one on earth. I feel His love so clearly in the sound of the waves. I found this in His Word: "Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness. The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful. The voice of the Lord is majestic." Psalm 29:2-4

O Lord, how majestic You are. How glorious is Your beauty in the works of Your hands. How you love me in the gifts that You give. I'm so small and insignificant compared to the vast ocean and all that is in it, and yet.... You love me....

Only You know me better than I know myself. But on this earth, You have given me one who knows me & loves me in spite of me. Thank you....for through him--it's Your arms that hold me, it's Your eyes that look at me with love, Your words that bless me and encourage me, Your hand that heals me and Your heart that gives him such a great capacity to love. What other person in all the world fits me so perfectly? He was created for me and I was created to be his. How could I have known what an honor that would turn out to be...
10 years later?