I don't like the fact that the word "testimony" conjures up the memory of when you first "asked Jesus into your heart" and then drives people to tell that story...and that story alone. Shouldn't we have a testimony every day?
My bible study lesson was a study of the characters in the Passion play and how each of them, after encountering Christ, went away telling other people about what He did....and the only way we can ever have a testimony of what God is doing in our lives is if we pray, watch for answers to those prayers and voila!...a testimony! God works miracles in all of our lives ALL the time, and yet because the world has made up the words: coincidence, fate, luck & (Disney's favorite)...wish, we decide to chalk it up to that. The challenge: Have a testimony Every Day!
Blessing #1
Today ws the last day at co-op & Luke won the spelling bee...competing vs. 3rd-5th graders. He told me that he prayed right before he started that God would help him, and that he'd praise him if he won and he'd praise him if he lost. (gulp.) He was so excited that he won! Wow. Thank you God, for that testimony & faith-increaser of the day.
Blessing #2
I've been praying for the man of her dreams to come into my friend, Rochelle's life for 4 years. One week ago today, I was with a mutual friend of ours and we prayed together for this very man. TODAY, I got an email with a picture of the cutest cowboy I've seen in a long time, and a request for prayer for a new committed relationship with this man of God that she just met last week. Oh My Gosh. I'm flipping out with JOY. I want to tell everyone. I'm already preparing my rehearsal dinner speech.
Blessing #3
I finished choreographing the "Joseph" medley for my Broadway class and it looks great! We have a 2 hour dress rehearsal next Monday, so even better! AND....I got a sweet card from one of my favorite students.
Blessing #4
Billy Ray Cyrus actually danced well tonight! (My KIDS favorite on Dancing with the Stars!)
Blessing #5
There was a beautiful bachelorette on THE BACHELOR tonight and she was homeschooled until high school and.....(drumroll, please!) SHE WASN'T WEIRD! She was awesome and cool and so pretty and so real. The best part was that even though, she was kicked off (probably because she was too "conservative") she didn't cry all over the place, but said "God is in control. I'm not." Praise God for another great testimony of how God can be glorified when truth is spoken and stood up for in His name.
Because of these blessings, I can take the news from my realtor that the "interested" family who came back for the 2nd look on Saturday, went with another house. I will keep making my bed every morning, because He is faithful. And after a day like this, I can't wait until tomorrow!