Thursday, November 29, 2007

Little House

We moved. Our new home is the coziness. We live in a 1921 bungalow style house, with the original wood floors and thick wood trim. It's like having a part in history. It has a huge front porch, that I imagine has heard many a conversation about life, our country and the pursuit of happiness. Our little town is so quiet. With the exception of the occasional train, which is far enough away to only be a bit of background noise....there's total silence. We used to live close enough to about 15 restaurants that we could smell them nearby when we walked out the door. Now there are 4 in town, and out our door I smell nothing but the old trees, and the leaves that have fallen around them. I love it here. Our church family has been so great to help us with this huge endeavor. Last night, door open, friends came in and out just to say hi and such. I hope the door is always open, and this house is a place of warmth & friendship for many years to come.