Friday, December 28, 2007

Married

This is my friend, Rochelle. She was my freshman roommate in college and we think we met at junior high church camp years before that. She is one of those friend's who knows all about me and still loves me. She remembers how little I did laundry, how little I studied, and how much I talked on the phone to whatever boyfriend I was dating at the time. She helped me plan my wedding. She's an organizational genius. She is a servant-hearted woman, who exemplifies that pesky Proverbs 31 woman so many of us find elusive and realistically impossible. I would not consider myself "good wife material". She is the epitome of it. Rochelle wanted to be a wife, and knew God had this in His plan for her. We prayed. A lot.

So here he is....the one we've been praying for all this time....and he is everything she ever wanted and more. Here are her words: "He insists on daily devotionals, takes out the trash everyday, does all the driving, opens EVERY door and yelled at me as I was ahead of him walking to the car that I better not touch the handle!! He is a doctor.... okay, not a medical doc so we won't be rich, but an education doc never-the-less! The list goes on..." He is the director of the Student Center and Student Leadership at West Texas A&M University.
They married November 17.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever think to ask or imagine, to Him be the glory....forever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20