I've been thinking a lot about the economic stimulus check we're receiving this week from the government. Too much, I think. When money comes that's outside of our income, I just rush to think we need to pay off debt, and I get excited at the possibilities. While paying down debt is important, I also want to give back. God will take care of our debt in His time, but I don't always have the money to give for an offering. So I've been praying for ways that we could provide for someone else, showing God's love to them, and also showing my children that this money isn't ours. It's God's for us to manage.
Focus on the Family has great Christian magazines for kids. My kids love getting theirs in the mail. Luke gets Clubhouse, and Grace gets Clubhouse, Jr. This month in Clubhouse, Jr. there was a story about a boy who went on a mission trip to Uganda, Africa. Grace and I read this story and saw that we could provide TANK TOPS for orphans in Africa. Grace loves clothes and loves to shop, so this is one way for us to give back together. This afternoon we're going to Walmart to shop for tank tops. If you are in my area, and would like to join Grace and I in providing tank tops for orphans, please let me know by June 1st and I will come pick them up from you and mail them along with ours. OR, the information is all RIGHT HERE, if you'd like to get involved yourself. Tanks a Lot! :)
Here's how:
Collect NEW tank tops to fit children ages 3 to 18. Tank tops can be any color. Be creative!
Take a picture of yourself with your tank top.
Write about how you collected the tank tops and who helped.
Send your tops, photo and story to the Club by June 30, 2008.
Mail tank tops to:
Clubhouse Jr., “Tanks A Lot,” P.O. Box 16850, Colorado Springs, CO 80935