Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another Rant

In the 4 years that I lived in Plano (Dallas), I never got pulled over....ever.  In Beaumont for 3 years and got pulled over once.  Since I've lived in small town Kansas, in the past 2 years I've been pulled over 3 times.  *As I write this, I am reminded to keep the anger down to a low boil.*  The first time, it was legit.  I was speeding but not a whole lot.  In Dallas it's called "keeping up with the flow of traffic".  Here it's just called speeding.  Fine. (no pun intended.)  Then I got pulled over for having a headlight out.  It was a Sunday and I'd found it on Saturday night.  I politely told the man that I went to church instead of getting it fixed.  No ticket.  Then yesterday, I got pulled over again.  This time my brake light was out.  Whaaat???  He was rude about it too.  How am I supposed to know my brake light is out?  How could I possibly know that?  He let me off, too.  I'm just thinking this....do these guys seriously have NOTHING else to DO???  

But that's not the real kicker.

Brad came home from work one day, and parked in front of our house.  The next morning he had a ticket for parking in the wrong direction.  A $90.00 FINE!!!!  Can you believe that crap?!  I'm so ticked at this stupid small town.  I can't even tell you how much I want to go into that city hall and kick some tail.  It makes me angry because there is only one explanation....

They have NOTHING else to do.