Thursday, May 07, 2009

A Letter to my Mom

This is a letter my mom found that I wrote her on her 42nd birthday, so that means I was 20.

Dearest Mother,
Happy birthday to you.  I wish I could be there.  I'm so thankful for the fact that I DO want to be there with you.  So many of my friends and people I know aren't close to their families.  Many would even rather not be near them.  I can't imagine what life would be like without a wonderful family.  When I think about how much I love my mom & daddy, sister & little brother, I wonder if anyone was ever so blessed.  I wonder why I got so lucky.  Then I think, I pray that I can be as good of parents as mine so that my children will see me the way I see mine.  I know why it's so hard to grasp how much Jesus loves me, because I don't know how anyone could love and care about me more than you.  Mom, thank you for being you.  Thank you for having me.  I love you very much.   -heart-  sally

Besides the sentiments I had at such a young age, I'm also blessed that she kept this letter all of these years.  Well not THAT many, but a few.