Monday, May 04, 2009

A Love Letter to Me

Below is the letter I wrote to myself this weekend, and I'm sharing it.  I share to encourage you, but also because this paper will soon be in a pile of trash somewhere and I want to remember it.    I'm just tired of worrying that I will say something wrong and someone will use it against me.  I'm tired of legalism.  I'm tired of people being so defensive towards pastors and their families.  Sometimes it seems that there are those just waiting for our family to screw up in one way or another so they can say throw stones at us.  I'm trusting God to take these worries and fears, so that I can just serve Him with joy, like we did this weekend. 

Dear Me,
I'm writing this letter to encourage you to keep your eyes on Jesus.  He is your rock.  Stand firmly in His hands and do not believe the lies that Satan tells you.  His lies are to take your eyes off of Jesus, the son of God Jehovah who protects you, provides for your every need and you CAN trust Him. I know it is hard to trust people, even church people, but God is the ONE to trust.  He and He alone will care for you and guide you into His truth, show you His ways and love you like NO other.  You belong to Jesus, everything else is just blessing and a source of revealing His glory in your life.  Your eternal home is just around the corner.  Look forward to that!  He is coming soon!
Love,
Me