Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday with SAL

For Mother's Day, I got a new purse and some shirts and oh yes, I got to speak (not preach) at RiverPoint. 

I used a lot of what I said in New York last November about grace and our identity in Christ, but using more about being a Mom.  It was fun, but truthfully just between you and me and the blogger people, I told Brad several times during the week that {in a pouty voice} "I'm NEVER doing this aGAIN!" {stomp stomp slam!}

But now that it's over, I think....well maybe if I just did it once a year, it'd be okay.   I was Soooo nervous in the first service, that I wondered what would happen if I went up there and excused myself to go puke before I started.  Seriously. I went through that whole scenario in my brain.  Then by the second service, I was awake and feelin' spunky.  I think it was either talking to my spunky friend, Melissa, OR the Dr. Pepper that my friend, Dorinda, brought me, that helped.  So please excuse my lack of the ability to NOT say the word that's NOT even a word "UM" and for my overall um, amateurity which IS a word because I just decided so.   And since you can't see what's happening, the mike was tipping over onto me right when I got started as just a fun little twist of slapstick humor to offset the nervousness of me, I guess.  I don't know.