Friday, August 07, 2009

Prayers to Pray for your Pastor, Day 2

  1. Jesus keep my pastor holy in every way (I Peter 1:16). Protect my shepherd from seducing spirits especially when he is tired and hard-pressed. Give [Brad] comrades to help protect him, and share with in personal holiness (James 4:7). As my pastor draws near to You, draw near to my pastor. (James 4:8)
  2. I pray that the eyes of my pastor may be enlightened to know the hope to which we are called and know the riches of our glorious inheritance in the saints. Let my pastor know the incomparable great power which is in us who believe (Eph.1:18-19). Let [Brad] see the full revelation of Jesus Christ (Gal. 1:12). Place in him a desire to know Christ and the power of His resurrection (Phil. 3:10).
  3. In Jesus' name I speak to church hurts, abuse and ungrateful forces to move. I speak to mountains of criticism and inordinate expectations to be cast into the sea. I speak to stress, excessive phone counseling, and fatigue to be cast into the sea, and I believe every need, vision, and dream of [Brad]'s will be completed (Mark 11:22-24, Phil. 4:19).
  4. Forgive those who hurt [Brad] and speak against him, and may my pastor walk in forgiveness (Eph. 4:32-5:1). Guard my pastor from futile thinking (Eph. 4:17)and a vain imagination. Let every thought be taken captive to obey Christ (2 Cor. 10:3-5).
  5. In Jesus' name I bind the fear of failure and fear of humankind (Jn.14:1). Let [Brad]'s confidence not be eroded by the daily resistance to the gospel or his vision. Allow my pastor to fear God more than people.