Saturday, August 08, 2009

Prayers to Pray for your Pastor, Day 3

  1. Father, heal my shepherd's heart of any grief caused by ministry. Bestow on him a crown of beauty instead of ashes and anoint him with the oil of gladness instead of mourning. Clothe my shepherd with a garment of praise instead of a spirit of depression.
  2. Keep my pastor in the midst of good and exciting worship. Keep my pastor from the traditions of men and religion which hold the form of godliness, but deny it's power (2 Tim. 3:5). Give [Brad] a vision of heaven (Isa.6, Rev.4).
  3. With my shield of faith I cover my shepherd's mind to quench all flaming darts of doubt or mental distractions. (Eph. 6:16, col 2:6-7). Let the mind of Christ be strong in my pastor (I Cor. 2:16).
  4. Lord, I stand against the enemies of my pastor's prayer life. Let nothing hinder [Brad]'s time with You. Let my pastor rise up to seek You (Mk. 1:35) and pray without ceasing (I Thess. 5:17). Give my pastor the time, the desire, and the place to pray (Acts 16:16).
  5. Bless my pastor with rich study time. (Acts 6:4, 2 Tim. 2:15)