Thursday, December 31, 2009

a new thing

“This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.” Isaiah 43:16,18&19

In the last decade I...
  • have lived in 3 different states, 5 different towns, 6 different homes & 1 apartment
  • had 2 baby girls while bringing up one active little boy
  • took vacations to Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, DisneyWorld (twice), Cancun, Branson, Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago and Oregon!
  • went on 5 mission trips & 2 retreats with SPARK Ministry
  • said goodbye to my grandma & my father-in-law
  • taught 7 different school years, Kindergarten thru 6th grade
  • watched my sister, my brother, my cousins & many friends get married and have babies
  • helped my husband start a new church
  • watched as many have been changed from the inside out because Christ is doing a new thing in them
  • experienced God's grace a million times as He continues to do a new thing in me
Praise God for His faithfulness and that He never changes. Praise God for new mercies every morning and every year. May I be a JOY to Him in 2010.