Today for lunch I had an odd craving for hummus. (not pregnant but I did see your eyebrows raise through the computer...that's just how talented I am.) I had a can of chickpeas in the pantry and went on a search for a recipe, which also led me to an answer to a question I'd had for a while. And Yes chickpeas are the same as garbanzo beans-- which I love to find on a salad bar. Garbanzo is the spanish word for chickpeas and hummus is the arabic word for chickpea, so there you go....your linguistic lesson for the day. Nutritionally, they are low in fat and full of zinc, folate & protein. Not bad for a little round guy. Back to the point of this post...
From the wonderful website of recipes on HomemadeGourmet.com, I found this Hummus Dip. I halved it since I wasn't sure if I'd like it and only had 1 can of beans, so I mixed up in my handy mini blender:
1 can of chickpeas
1/4 cup EVOO
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp. Garlic Lemon Seasoning
It called for lemon juice too but I didn't have it and it was still really good. I think I need to add some parmesan cheese or something else like they do at Bella Luna, but it was good. I also need some pita chips, and if I had some grilled chicken I'd put it in a pita with the hummus and THAT would be good, but I'm really rambling here so if you're still reading. Thank you. Maybe I should go talk to my husband, since I obviously have a lot of words to use up today. :) Honey? ...Honey?
I think he's hiding.