Monday, March 08, 2010

Praying for Jenna

I've been following a family on twitter that I feel very close to during such a sad time in their lives. I know it's because we have a bond in Jesus, and because my family experienced something similar when I was a child. It's hard to hear the pain. It's heart-wrenching to hear the fight is ending. It's faith-strengthening to know that this mother is clinging to God with all that she is. It makes me stop and pray for her every time she tweets, and it makes me run to hold my babies a little tighter. It makes me remember my mom's tears and how I sat at her feet for weeks. My mom says I wouldn't leave her side and I cried every time she cried. I usually don't want to think of this time in my life, but it's healing. It's also what God has called me to do in 2Corinthians 1:3-4, since I was once comforted by His great love.

I have been reading the family's blog and left this comment:

"I will pray, especially for Jenna. I was 8 when my baby sister died. I can tell you that because I knew Natalie was in heaven with Jesus, it brought me comfort to be able to pray. I'd lay in bed each night asking Jesus to tell her Hi for me and all the things I wanted her to know about our family and life in general. Her life brought me closer to Jesus, and I can't wait to thank her when I see her again one day. Jenna will be given supernatural strength that will make her able to perceive things in her little life with more depth than the average child her age. Her soul is forever etched with her sister's love and she'll easily be able to "set her mind on things above" because part of her heart is there. Praying God's great comfort for your whole family."

I am committing to pray for their 9 year-old, Jenna. Please pray for her with me.