Saturday, December 04, 2010

Christmas Traditions #8

Christmas music can be heard around our house from about Thanksgiving week until December 26. We love a few CDs that play in our kitchen and a few others in my iTunes. Christmas just isn't Christmas until I hear these songs.
Here is a list of the Martin family's favorite Christmas music:

Albums
Elf soundtrack
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Amy Grant "Home for Christmas"
George Winston's "December" (Hint for my husband: Maybe there could be something in my stocking this year. Besides lint.)
Handel's Messiah
Bach's Christmas Oratorio
Point of Grace "A Christmas Story"

Songs
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Andy Williams
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas sung by Judy Garland or The Carpenters
The Christmas Song sung by Nat King Cole (no one else should try.)
Winter Wonderland sung by my parents (at many cheesy Christmas programs while I was growing up....and. I. loved. it.)
Silver Bells by Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney
Carol of the Bells by George Winston (piano---any of his albums are beautiful) or the Shaw Chorale
I'll be Home for Christmas by Elvis Presley
O Holy Night sung by Renee Fleming (NOT Josh Groban. I repeat. NOT Josh Groban B98 fm. Grrr.)
The Christmas Shoes by Newsong (I have to put this one here because Luke loves this song. He actually cries when he hears it. Don't tell him I told you....but he really loves his mama.)
Auld Lang Syne sung by Harry Connick *sigh* (He can sing anything really....and I sigh.)
Bethlehem Morning by Sandi Patti
Happy Birthday Jesus