Monday, January 24, 2011

Wanted: An Exciting Testimony!

Have you ever wished your testimony were a bit more exciting?  I have.  Sometimes I hear stories of the drastic change when people were saved and all that they went through, and feel almost jealous that I don't have such a great testimony to share.   That's another lie from Satan I've been prone to listen to over the years.  I'm so blessed to have met Jesus at an early age and then, while I walked away in college to live in my own will (sin- and I did go my own way....you wouldn't have liked me.) I knew the Holy Spirit was calling me back, and after a time of surrender when I just couldn't do life without Him any more, I did choose Him and His will and began a gradual growing process that I continue even today.

Today I read a short devotion by Beth Moore that touched on just that...

Few of us have experienced the dramatic conversion Paul went on to describe in Acts 22, but don't think your testimony is meaningless on that basis.  Every conversion cost the same amount of Christ's blood shed on the cross.  Yours is just as meaningful as the most dramatic conversion ever told.  In the parable of the prodigal son, the elder brother felt insulted because the father accepted his brother after a season of wild living.  He didn't understand the biggest difference between the two brothers was that the prodigal son had to live with the personal loss and suffering.  If your conversion was less sensational than others, praise God for less drama!  With it probably came less pain!  You don't have to see a bright light from heaven to have a story to tell others.  The determining factor is not how exciting your conversion was but how excited you are now about your conversion.  As we share testimonies, we can help unbelievers see all that we've gained since Jesus came into our hearts, all the ways our lives have been blessed and enhanced by His presence within us.  We often have no idea how much people are struggling to find reason to live.

I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.  Galatians 2:20