I think women often forget the power of prayer and resort to the "power of nagging". Am I right, guys? I know I've had to remind myself in the past that I am NOT Brad's Holy Spirit! ;)
Here is a great word from this particular chapter on "His Obedience" from Stormie Omartian...
If you clearly observe your husband walking down a wrong path, should you say something? If so, how much should you say and when is the right time to say it? The best way I've found to proceed is to take it to God first and weigh it on His scales. He may instruct you to just be quiet and pray... But if He does direct you to speak to your husband about the matter, there will be a far greater chance of him hearing God's voice somewhere in Your words if you've prayed before you speak. Anything perceived as nagging will be counterproductive and better left unsaid. Praying that his eyes be opened to the truth and his heart convicted will be far more effective than you telling him what to do. You can encourage him to do what's right and pray for him to do what's right, but ultimately it's God's voice that will have the greatest impact.
My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you. Let not mercy and truth forsake you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Proverbs 3:1-3
