Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Day 1...Praying for His Wife (that's me!) ;)

Lord, help me to be a good wife.  I fully realize that I don't have what it takes to be one without Your help.  Take my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and turn them into kindness, long-suffering and the willingness to bear all things.  Give me a new heart and work in me Your love, peace and joy (Gal.5:22,23).  Make me a tool of reconciliation, peace and healing in this marriage.  Make me the kind of woman he can be proud to say is his wife.  Show me what unconditional love really is and how to communicate it in a way he can clearly perceive.  I pray that our commitment to You and to one another will grow stronger and more passionate every day.  Breathe Your life into this marriage.  Give me a fresh perspective, a positive outlook, and a renewed relationship with the man You've given me.  Help me see him with new eyes, new appreciation, new love, new compassion and new acceptance.  Give my husband a new wife, and let it be me.

Taken from The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian