Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prayers & Jerry McGuire

One of my favorite stories in God's Word is in Exodus 33, when Moses would go into the tent of meeting and speak with God "face to face, as a man speaks with his friend". (vs.11)  I would like to learn to pray as Moses did.  Verse 13 says that Moses said to the Lord, "If you are pleased with me, teach me Your ways, so I may know You and continue to find favor with You."  What a great prayer to say daily!!  I can also pray this prayer over my husband and kids...."Lord, if you are pleased with [Brad], teach [him] Your ways, so [he] may know You and continue to find favor with You."

What an amazing reply from God to this prayer in verse 14!  "My Presence (Yes Presence is capitalized, indicating it's someone's name, not just a common noun, but a Proper Noun.  Who was the expression of God's Presence?  John 1:1  And Who said He will always be with us? Matthew 28:20) shall go with you and I will give you rest."  Deuteronomy 12:10

SHOW ME YOUR GLORY!  Another prayer I want to learn to pray daily!  I want Your goodness to pass by in front of me, Lord.  I want to see Your glory!  Hide me in the cleft of the rock, so I can see Your awesome power and glory.  SHOW ME YOUR GLORY!  (Said with the enthusiasm of Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry McGuire)