Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thankful Project Day 2

Children's Medical Center, Dallas D8

1. We live in Texas. I love it and I'm grateful we are close to this fabulous hospital for kids.
2. Texts from friends near and far that just share love and prayers and expect nothing in return.
3. Reading glasses that make these tiny little letters on my tiny little phone so much bigger!
4. Grace woke up with a fever that immediately went away on it's own without medicine!
5. Watched the Kids Choice Awards with Grace (she voted!) and our good friend Josh was the host! ;)
6. Got a sweet email from my Aunt about how God takes our broken pieces and uses them for His great plan.
7. Had a visit from a new friend and her sweet husband. Laughter is good medicine!
8. Had a visit from an old friend and her 2 girls. We go back 34 years. God's goodness. I hope my kids have lifelong friendships too.
9. Little moments of seeing how Grace has grown in maturity & faith.
10. Videos from crazy friends on a Spark trip that make me LOL in the middle of the night.
11. I haven't seen an episode of Duck Dynasty in 3 nights! (Not a fan.)
12. Praying for other families going thru trials....takes our minds off ourselves.
13. Luke's friend from school is spending the night at our house. He's a great kid.
14. I'm thankful my husband misses me. And that he texted me so.
15. I'm thankful for technology, more specifically iPhones and FaceTime.
16. I'm thankful it's spring and sunshine, flowers and flip flops are on the horizon.
17. More than anything I look forward to....JESUS is coming back soon!! Hosanna! I can't. wait.
18. Thankful for the church that taught me the stories of Jesus at a young age.
19. My parents, who not only took me to church and showed me it's importance, but they showed me in their daily lives how to love The Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.
20. Thankful for a sister who serves and blesses others, and encounters divine appointments wherever she goes.
21. Thankful for a brother who loves his wife and family deeply and who gives joy to all who know him.
22. Thankful tonight that it is well with my soul.
23. Thankful that Jesus took my broken pieces with Him to the cross and made me new. I shudder to think of who and where I'd be without Him.