Grace and I will be leaving for Mission Arlington this Sunday together with the junior high students in our church's youth group. She worked on writing her testimony for a few days and here is what she wrote. Pray for her as she has a chance to use her story to lead other kids to Jesus.
Hi, my name is Gracie, and this is my story of how I came to know Jesus. Before I met Jesus I felt that I needed to be saved from sin and myself. The important things in life for me were serving myself and not really caring about others. When people asked me about Christians, God, and the Bible I wouldn't really know what to say because I had not really known about Jesus but now I would tell them that Jesus is the son of God and He died for our sins so we could live forever. In order to become a Christian I prayed and asked my parents to help me understand more. I heard the story of the Lord's Prayer and became more curious about what happens when Jesus comes. Then I realized that I wouldn't be afraid anymore because we would be in a better place with Jesus when we die. Now that I've become a Christian I have the Holy Spirit living inside me. In January I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and because I have Jesus I had courage while I was in the hospital. I prayed and wrote down scriptures in God's Word which made me feel comforted, more at peace and loved by God. Now I'm not afraid about what will happen to me because I will be with Jesus!