Monday, September 23, 2013

The Truth about Your Pastor

I don't know if you know this or not, but your pastor is a lot like you. Some days are harder than others. Some days it's harder to rejoice in The Lord. Some days, even though we know the joy of The Lord is our strength, we are just too tired to find the joy.

Pastors need encouraging words. My pastor happens to also be my husband. I am praying for the gift of encouragement and words that would speak life. I am asking that you would pray for your pastor, whoever he is. He takes the burdens of this world and although he is free in Christ, he sometimes needs encouragement to get off of his knees and walk freely!  Anyone might need uplifting after a year of too many funerals.  Anyone might need an encouraging word after years of encouraging others. He is just human after all. 

I think he might need help finding a little joy, a little faith, a little hope but the greatest of these...is love.
Show your pastor some love. He just might really really need it.