Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Prayers

Hooray!  Our Care Package arrived!!!  It came apart in the mail, so I received this picture to see if this was everything and it was!  I was so thankful that even though the package it was shipped in came undone, everything in it stayed intact.  Praise the Lord for watching over the little things.

We are officially DTC - or Dossier To China - for more definitions and steps in this process see this link.

Today, I subbed in a preschool class with 2-year-olds.  I got there in time for lunch and then nap time.    I sat down by 2 little boys on their nap mats and rubbed their little backs.  The boy on my right fell right to sleep.  The boy on my left...said over and over and over "I want my mommy."  
At first I answered him and it'd go something like this:
I want my mommy.....I know, buddy.
I want my mommy....She'll be here soon.
I want my mommy...I know you do and right after nap time, she'll be here.
I want my mommy....Me too, buddy.  I love my mommy, too.

After about 10 more rounds of this, I told him I was sleepy and closed my eyes to rest.  (An age-old tactic I'd used on my active little boy who turns 19 next week.)
 As I sat there for the next 20 minutes in the dark rubbing sweet baby backs, I prayed.  
I prayed for my baby across the world who would've been sleeping in her bed, since it was the middle of her night.  I prayed that she'd have peaceful dreams and warm blankets.  I prayed that when she awoke someone would be there to meet her every need.  I prayed that she'd feel loved.  I prayed that as she opened our photo album and looked at our pictures that God would warm her heart to begin to see us as her family.  I prayed that God would put someone in her life that would whisper in her ear and assure her...."Mommy will be here soon...She'll be here soon."

I'm thankful for God's promises that He will always be here for us and that He is coming again.

Prayer always gives me more peace.  I highly recommend it.