So with this baby I don't have any specific cravings of one certain thing (or aversions like I had to peanut butter with Moriah) ...mostly just.....food. Sometimes random, weird things like yesterday....I had some coconut left from my Memorial Day cake and I suddenly remembered a fruit salad I like to make at Easter called "5 Cup Fruit Salad", appropriately named because it takes just 1 cup of each of the 5 ingredients: coconut, mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks, mini-marshmallows & sour cream (or plain yogurt).

I had to have that salad asap. Lucky for me, (sorta) Brad ruined my brownies and felt so bad that he went to the store for all of the weird things on my list. (don't tell him I told you, but he has a hard time following directions....they were VERY oily cuz he put in a whole extra cup of veg oil. Oy.) I will eventually make those salted caramel brownies!! I will!!! I'm also making chocolate chip scones soon, and my favorite Chinese Chicken Salad. I also made "Peanut Butter [& Syrup] Cheerios Bars". I only used syrup because I didn't have what it called for-- 1/2 c. honey or light corn syrup and 1/2 c. sugar, so I improvised and we all loved it! (Tasted like my pancakes----cuz I was brought up on peanut butter instead of butter on my pancakes, so my kids are too! Don't knock it til you try it!!!)

Cheerios Bars:
Heat 1/2 cup syrup til almost boiling, then add 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth and creamy. Pour in 3 cups cheerios and stir until coated. Pour mixture into buttered 9x9 dish and put in the fridge or freezer to harden, then cut into squares. (Some add peanuts. Not me.) I like this recipe because it gets my kids to eat the leftover Cheerios that always seem to hang around forever, snubbed for sugarier cereals like Cocoa Pebbles and Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
mmm....think I need a bowl of cereal. Bye!